Can you offer a LabraDOG a Lifeline?
We have been amazed by the calls and offers of assistance. Obviously we were right when we thought that there were thousands of you out there who love Labradors as much as we do but what we didn’t realise was that many of you wanted to offer your support in a practical and worthwhile way. We believe that we play a small but integral part in the process of rescuing and rehoming the LabraDOGs that find themselves here at LabraDOG Lodge. It's our wonderfully generous and committed adoptive families that are the true rescuers! What we offer the labs is a lifeline as defined below:
- One that is or is regarded as a source of salvation in a crisis.
- Something which provides help or support that is needed for success or survival.
So we have put some thought into how we wanted to structure a donation program and are excited about asking you to join the LabraDOG lifeline too! Now let's take a look at what's important to the dogs in care and the costs involved:
- FOOD - Feed a dog for a week ($10), a month ($40), three months ($100) or provide food for a rescue dog for a whole year ($350).
- REST - Buy a LabraDOG a high quality bed ($120) or warm furry blanket ($30)
- PLAY - A great quality toy goes a long way! Toys are important to the labs in care and are replaced often. $30 buys a great toy that lasts!
- HEALTH - Veterinary care is considerable and ongoing. $10 will worm a dog for three months, $30 will buy a course of antibiotics, some ear drops or vaccinate a dog. $50 will flea treat six of our LabraDOGs for a month, $100 will desex a dog.
- WELLBEING - For all those important little extras - $50 buys great quality shampoo and conditioners, $40 will buy a warm WeatherBeeta coat for the cooler months, behavioral consultations cost upwards of $200 so if you are keen to provide some extra special help to a lab that needs it please contact me to discuss the labs in care who require expert help with specific behaviours.
If you like what we do and are keen to offer your support we would be incredibly grateful for your donation. Together we can create a lifeline that means the successful rescue and rehoming of a LabraDOG is never impacted by a lack of available funds. You choose the amount you would like to donate and can make that donation by using paypal or you can make a direct deposit to the LabraDOG account. To join the LabraDOG Lifeline please click the button below. Please let us know of your kind donation and we would especially love to hear if there is something specific you would like us to spend your donation on. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at any time.
Thanks in advance and Lotsa Licks from all at LabraDOG Lodge!